THE PERFECT RUBBER FOR YOUR CUSTOM BIKE!
Can’t decide which of these awesome tires are the right choice for you? Click here and see our tire comparison. You will also learn very useful tips about tires!
Your elaborately assembled custom bike is finally ready, nothing stands in the way of a relaxed cruise with friends through your city! To keep it rolling, we give you an overview of our RUFF CYCLES tires, what special features they have and how you can maintain them easily and safely. Choosing the right tire can add that certain something to the style of your bike and make it THE eye-catcher in your city. This way you can cruise not only in style but also safely, many useful tips on what to consider when it comes to cleaning tire tread and the air pressure. Because nothing would be more annoying than if your eye-catcher wouldn't roll;)
New tires - new look!
Regardless of whether the reliable Ruffer V2, the Classic Cruzo, the easy-to-install Balloon V2 tire or the new Tyron tires. With our large selection of colors in red, white and orangewall - all black or cream you will find the perfect detail for your custom bike!This way you can cruise not only in style but also safely. Read our useful tips on what to consider when it comes to cleaning tire tread and the about air pressure.
Quick Overview of our tires:
Our Version 2 of the bestseller Ruffer Tire. We reinvented it with a new better tread and made it lightweight which also resulted to get it mounted easily.
All this makes the Ruffer V2 a great overall tire for most purposes.
"Classic design for your safety, also on wet surfaces! It's lightweight with a zigzag tread and a big line in the center for riding on wet surfaces.
Mounting the tire is a piece of cake and a main goal of the development.
We remodeled this classic tire design to keep its classic boardtrack design of the vertical lines as tread.
The tire design is great on dry surfaces as it keeps a lot of rubber on the surface. Regarding the big opening on the tread you will not have any grit in you tread.
As on the Ruffer and Cruzo Classic the mounting is very easy.
The new Tyron tire is a new inventions and was orginally created as tire for our Lil’Buddy but has also been made for 26" wheels.
With its big crossed tread you can use it on most surfaces without any problem. Even dirt should be not a too big problem as the tread openings are big enough to get a grip. The rubber is a little sturdier as on our other tires, but still the mounting is an easy task.
3 USERFULL TIRE MAINTENANCE TIPS!
1 - Clean tires: not only stylish but also useful!
As a bike lover, a clean tire is an important part of a well-maintained custom bike. After all, everyone should only see your bike in top condition.
Cleaning not only has the advantage that your bike always looks great, it also extends the life of your tire many times over.
The best thing to do is to use a rag and some warm water to begin with and roughly remove any dirt that has stuck to the bike over time.
Make sure you do the cleaning carefully so as not to damage the tire, spokes, and bearing.
Tip: When you have removed the coarsest dirt, clean the rim of your bike at the same time to avoid any rust spots. With particularly stubborn dirt on the tire, brake cleaner is very well suited to remove even the last dirt.
2 - The correct tire pressure
You should check the tire pressure regularly, as the pressure in the tube slowly decreases over time. This is completely normal and new air can easily be refilled. A check before every cruise is recommended to avoid a flat tire halfway through the trip.
Simple but effective:
check your air pressure by simply squeezing the tire to feel the air pressure.
The safest guide is to stay in the air pressure range recommended by the manufacturer. The recommended air pressure is stamped on the sidewall of the tire. This way you can have the air pressure you prefer in the range from the manufacturer.
Low air pressure:
A low air pressure in the tire can be useful in certain situations. For example if you drive a lot one uneven terrain such as cobblestones. Here, a low air pressure has a pleasant dampening effect that will make cruising more pleasant for you.
But beware! In extreme cases, insufficient tire pressure can have a massive impact on your driving behavior and stability. It can lead to tire damage, increased tire wear, rim damage or, in the worst case, flat tires.
High air pressure:
If the air pressure is too high, you can easily feel every pothole or bump in the road, no matter how small. In the long run your cruise comfort decreases and causes back pain rather than enjoyful ride!
3 - Check the tire tread:
In order to prevent tire damage, best is to check your tire tread regularly for wear. The following checkpoints make a quick check easier:
1. Start with the tread and look for possible cracks.
2. You can then check the notches for sharp-edged objects. Most of the time you will find small pebbles, broken glass and other treasures that can be removed relatively easily.
3. You can then check the side walls for further cracks or bulges. Note that smaller cracks can enlarge relatively quickly, so that the tube can bulge outwards. Latest you should now replace the tire;)
Note: In general, due to the weight distribution of the bike, the rear tire wears out faster and has to be replaced earlier.
- Tire Tyron 20"x4.0 White Wall - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 29.95 was * € 54.95
- Tire Tyron 20"x4.0 Black - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 24.95 was * € 49.95
- Tire Tyron 26"x3.0 White Wall - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 17.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Tyron 26"x3.0 Black - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 14.95 was * € 36.95
- Tires Balloon 26"x3.0 Black - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 14.95 was * € 36.95
- Tires Balloon 26"x3.0 White Wall - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 14.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Ruffer V2 26"x3.0 Red Wall - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 17.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Classic 26"x3.0 White Wall - CruzoSpecial Price * € 14.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Ruffer V2 26"x3.0 Orange Wall - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 14.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Classic 26"x3.0 Black - CruzoSpecial Price * € 14.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Ruffer V2 26"x3.0 White Wall - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 17.95 was * € 36.95
- Tire Ruffer V2 26"x3.0 Black - Ruff CyclesSpecial Price * € 17.95 was * € 36.95